Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
I’ve been trying to eat super healthy throughout all of 2019, and that’s pretty hard for someone with a sweet tooth as bad as mine. However, I noticed that since I’ve minimized my sugar intake, my stomach isn’t upset all the time anymore. I pretty much just swapped out regular sugar for Swerve and Stevia, and it’s made a huge difference.
Anyways, today was one of those days where I just really really wanted peanut butter and chocolate. I tried coming up with my own keto pancake recipe this morning, but it was an epic fail. I’m not sure what happened exactly, but it was basically just gooey mush that wouldn’t stick together. The morning went on and my bowl of pancake mush didn’t really cure my sweet tooth, so I started to innovate again. That’s what led me to the delicious creation of peanut butter protein cookies.
These cookies are seriously delicious and they only require four simple ingredients! I made whipped up the batter in under ten minutes and they only need to cook for 11 minutes! These cookies are the perfect way to cure your sweet tooth without ruining your diet… a total win-win! All you need is Swerve Sweetener, Smucker’s All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, an egg, and a chocolate protein powder of your choice. I used the Slimfast Keto Meal Replacement Powder Fudge Brownie Batter because two scoops only have 190 calories and it’s low carb. It also legitimately tastes just like brownie batter. You can use whatever protein powder you have on hand though and I’m sure it would work!
- 2 tbs Swerve Sweetener– you can get this at Publix or online (Do not use plain stevia or these cookies will be rock hard!)
- 4 tbs Smucker’s All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (I like this kind because the ingredients are super simple– just peanuts and a dash of salt)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Scoops of Slimfast Keto Meal Replacement Powder Fudge Brownie Batter (or whatever chocolate protein powder you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place wax paper on cookie sheet
- Mix Swerve, peanut butter, egg, and protein powder into a large bowl. I used my KitchenAid to mix it together, but you could probably do this by hand as well.
- Make 10 little peanut putter balls on a cookie sheet.
- Take a fork and flatten the cookies out in each direction.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 11 minutes.
Calories: 68 calories per cookie
Protein: 2.8 grams
Net Carbs: 1.2 grams
Fat: 5.2 grams
Sugar: 0.2 grams
I’m telling you, these cookies are the perfect fix the next time you’ve got an undeniable craving for sweets. They’re absolutely delicious and they taste even better when you dip them in almond milk! If you try these at home, I’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, so please comment down below.
2 thoughts on “The World’s Easiest (And Healthiest) Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe”