It’s officially pumpkin spice season despite the fact that its still 95 degrees here everyday in Florida. While I love pumpkin flavored treats, I do have to confess that I’ve never actually had a PSL. Considering that a tall PSL has a whopping 39 grams of sugar and 330 calories, I’ve always stayed away from this fall treat.
However, since I am obsessed with pumpkin (I literally add it to my tacos), I decided to make my own healthy pumpkin spice drink. In signature Madison style, I decided to make a pumpkin smoothie since I have a smoothie for breakfast every morning.
My Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie is the perfect way to embrace fall in Florida. It’s cold and refreshing with a delicious pumpkin flavor. Best of all, this smoothie is super healthy, so you can actually feel good about drinking it.I add a ton of great ingredients like turmeric and cinnamon, which help with inflammation, and maca which helps regulate your hormones along with boosting your energy and stamina. Since I’m training for a marathon right now, I need all the natural anti-inflammatories and energy boosters I can get.
Another reason I love this smoothie is because it has no fruit, I can make it the night before and pack it for work. You could even make this in a big batch for a few days and store it in your fridge.
Anyways, here’s the recipe for my favorite pumpkin spice drink on earth!
- 1.5 cups of water or almond milk
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin puree (I store my remaining pumpkin puree in a mason jar in my fridge for later use!)
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter (I like Sam’s Choice because it’s sugar-free)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (I use the SlimFast Keto Meal Shake Vanilla Cake Batter Powder. IT’S SO GOOD)
- 1 Scoop of Collagen Peptides (I use Zhou Nutrition)
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric or just to taste
- 1/2 tsp Maca Powder (I use Terrasoul Superfoods)
- 2 Packets of Stevia
Total Carbs: 12.7 g (Net Carbs: 7.3 g)
Protein: 17.8 g
Fat: 16.2 g
All in all, this delicious fall smoothie is the perfect way to start your day, treat yourself, and embrace the change of seasons (even though it’s still very much summer in Florida). Check out my other favorite smoothie recipes below.
3 DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE THE PERFECT MACA SMOOTHIE